Its Family dinner time… Me, my husband and both our kids are at dinner table. I have cooked a delicious piping hot mixed vegetable curry and set it on table with beautiful garnishing of cilantro. The dinner table is set and instead of our usual roti bread.. suddenly, I took out the frozen bread named “Ezekiel bread” from refrigerator.
Aren’t bread supposed to be gotten fresh from deli….
With so many meals including breads and sandwiches for kids I was trying to find a healthy bread for my kids and Universe came to my rescue. While browsing for some food related news(since food and nutrition is my passion) I came across the “Food Babe” –Vani Hari and I was dancing , jumping , singing with joy.
Ezekiel Bread – for caring moms who want to feed good food to their kids
Ezekiel bread is extremely nutritious for several reasons.
- Unlike most bread Ezekiel bread contains no added sugar.
- Ezekiel bread contains several different types of grains like Wheat, Millet, Barley and Spelt and legumes like Soybeans and Lentils.
- Source of Complete Protein – Rated 84.3% as efficient as the highest source of protein (comparable to that of milk or eggs)
- Contains 18 Amino Acids – Including all 9 essential amino acids
- Increased Digestibility – Sprouting breaks down starches in grains into simple sugars so your body can digest them easily.
- Increased Absorption of Minerals – Sprouting breaks down enzyme inhibitors, so your body can more easily absorb calcium, magnesium, iron, copper and zinc.
- Increased Vitamin C – Sprouting produces vitamin C.
- Increased Vitamin B – Sprouting increases the vitamin B2, B5 & B6.
- Great source of Fiber – Combining sprouted grains and legumes gives a good amount of natural fiber in each serving.
Are they yummy.. Best tasting…
ummm.. it really depends on your taste buds. We are so used to eating sprouts and fresh produce. We actually liked it. But few friends of mine hated it… So you be the best judge but please give it a try..It’s worth it.
What more do we moms need to know more about bread?
Oh ya!!! of course !!! absolutely no chemicals and preservatives …
made with the best basic ingredients. Isn’t this dream come true?
Danger !!! Danger !!! Danger !!!!
Remember, everything in moderation. Its still a bread with wheat in it. So just because its good doesn’t mean we can go all foody …. over it.
Watch the serving size .. top it with yummy fresh produce and enjoy !!!!!